Sunday, October 4, 2015

Tragedy in Cedar City

Anxiety Level: Medium

I first want to say that I do not have all of the facts. Here is what I know for sure:
1. She went missing that day. 
2. Someone found her car up Cedar Canyon. 
3. They found her dead. 

Here is what I've heard but that I cannot verify:
1. There was a note found in the car. 

Now I know I few things about her because I was her roommate but I will not go into detail. Privacy is very important. I don't know the facts surrounding her death but the stigma surronding suicide is still important to talk about. 

I do want to say a few things about Kimber though because she was an amazing human being. 

I did not know her very well but we got along great. She used to draw and she showed me a few of her sketches and I thought they were fantastic. She was witty and goofy, which was awesome. She moved into the house after her grandmother died. She used to tell me stories about her grandma and she always used her "grandma voice", it was funny. She was great to be around. I know that she was a musician too and though I only ever heard her online, she was really talented. Even though we didn't keep in touch after she moved out, I still wondered about her every once in a while. I sometimes asked my good friend Kali about her because they were cousins. I know that she is missed by so many, including me. She really was a wonderful person. I'm keeping her family in my prayers.

-Emily

P.S. Mental illness is not a joke. 



No comments:

Post a Comment